What we did:
- Removed the existing exhaust up to the turbo
- Increased 2” to 2.5” exhaust pipe
- Installed MagnaFlow 10416 Exhaust Muffler
- Shortened the entire system by 5 feet
Why we did it:
We knew this modification needed to be done at the beginning of the project for a number of reasons. First, the upgrade gives us more useable space under the frame for future additions like the auxilliary fuel tank. Second, the upgrade provides the engine and turbo with a larger breathing system. Third, it provides a small gain in horsepower. And lastly, it increases bottom end acceleration. Out of all the modifications we have planned, this modification probably gives us the most significant performance increase. For anyone who owns a Delica, any increase in engine performance is a bonus.
We modeled this project after the modification we saw in DinoEvo’s Delica van. We had Joe at A1A Performance Mufflers in Santa Rosa, California do the work for us and couldn’t be happier with the results. Their workmanship and professionalism is superb and we would gladly recommend them to anyone.
In the meantime, we are working on adding a snorkel with a cold air intake to make out exhaust system overland ready. Stay tuned for that modification.